I believe that sharing ideas and data is fundamental to the advancement of science for the wellbeing of society and our environment; I am committed to furthering science research and education, fostering communication between researchers and improving public understanding of science.
- Scientific writing and editing: preparation of documents including grant writing, manuscripts for publication, and brochures.
- Teaching: covering aspects of plant biology, laboratory techniques, and scientific writing in English.
- Project management: collaborations between international partners at multiple institutions, project development, scheduling, and budgeting.
Selected consulting assignments:
- 2019 – 2020 – Served as a special issue editor (Low-Cost Methods in the Plant Sciences) for the journal Applications in Plant Sciences.
- 2016 – Freelance Editor, Cactus Communications.
- 2011 – English language editing and workshop organiser (molecular techniques for taxonomy studies), Indonesian Society for Plant Taxonomy, Kebun Raya Bali, Indonesia.
- 2010 – English language editing for the taxonomic botany, plant sociology and ecology journal Reinwardtia published by Herbarium Bogoriense, LIPI, Indonesia.
- 2009 to 2010 – Organisation of the Association of Tropical Biology and Conservation (ATBC) 2010 meeting in Bali, Indonesia.
- 2009 – English language editing for the journal Paediatrica Indonesiana.
- 2008 to 2009 – Organisation of the Bogor Bio discussion group that brings together researchers in biology from local organisations.
- 2008 – Taught on molecular systematics course organise by Harvard University at LIPI (Indonesian Institute of Sciences), Cibinong, Indonesia.
- 2008 – “International Grant Writing and Publication”, presentation at LIPI Grant Writing Workshop, Jakarta, Indonesia.
- 2008 – Grant writing services, e.g. for Plant Resources of Southeast Asia (PROSEA).
Selected teaching assignments:
- 2017 to 2021 – Judge for Greater Vancouver Regional Science Fair, Vancouver, Canada.
- 2016 – Sessional Instructor, 2nd year Genetics (BIOL21010), Mount Royal University, Calgary, Canada.
- 2015 to 2016 – Supervision and mentoring of summer student (2015), undergraduate project students (2015-2016); University of Calgary, Calgary, Canada.
- 2012 to 2015 – Mentor for Student Biotechnology Network (SBN) One on One Mentorship program; University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada.
- 2008 to 2009 – Assessment of English language skills for incoming students at LaSalle College International, Jakarta, Indonesia.
- 2008 – Instructor, molecular systematics course (1 week) organised by Arnold Arboretum of Harvard University at LIPI, Cibinong, Indonesia.
- 2003 to 2021 – Supervision and mentoring of NSERC summer students (2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2017), Work Study Program student (2004-2005), Honours Project students (2004-2005, 2017-2018), Directed Study students (2006-2008), and volunteers (2012-2013, 2019-2021); University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada.